Tuesday, December 9

Da Art Of Storytellin

Artist: Outkast (Feat. Slick Rick)
Album: Aquemini

What Was The Song That Made You Love Hip Hop?

As I've said, I'm still discovering Hip-Hop, it has so many different twists and turns and nooks and crannies. I remember the first time I heard the Mos Def and Talib Kweli are BlackStar Album. I had downloaded Thieves in the Night and I was searching everywhere for more songs like it. I don't remember how I ended up getting the whole album, (I think it was through Limewire?) and I just remember sitting doing my homework and bumpin' to K.O.S Determination and Re-Definition I was hooked. I kept on the whole consious rap tip (Illmatic, AZ) and didn't really venture off, until I got curious and downloaded Ready To Die and The Infamous....That day, no one could tell me shit. I still know all the words to 10 Crack Commandments, Temperature's Rising and Warning.

It's taken me a long time to listen to everything I've wanted to you. To tell you the truth I just got ATLiens and Aquemini this summer, and I love those albums, but I'm glad I discovered and appreciated at an older age, instead of just reciting rap lyrics and not knowing what the hell they meant. When I was little, I didn't know what the hell they were talking about in Rosa Parks, I remember humming along to the chorus and I would be like "Aa Hah, blah blah blah everybody open the back of the books, blah blah blah blah blah, this 'ell make you wanna do the dinosaur." Yeah, stupid right.

Oh so to the point, Da Art Of Storytelling, it's one of those songs, that whenever it comes on, I just have to sit, and be like aiight!! (Especially Slick Rick's Part) So I thought there's no better song than this one...so Click and Enjoy.

....On the playlist y'all....look to the right. (Future reference, when I put the title and album of the song I use for my titles, I'm going to try to make them downloadable...)