Wednesday, December 10

Waiting for the Sun to Rise.

It was hot, that uncomfortable hot, when your clothes stick to you and you contemplate cutting your hair off to save a few degrees. I sat at my window hoping for anything that resembled a breeze. The orange glow from the streetlight was my only companion in this night venture, and even it flickered and went out from time to time. Desperate for something to hold on to, I lit a cigarette and watched the smoke rise lazily from it's stem. It seemed as while everyone was sleeping, the earth slowed down to have a break. The earth and I had that in common, my life was too fast, and it needed to slow down, these were the only moments I had to myself. It was 4:52, there were no sounds of clocks ticking, faucets dripping, or any human sound whatsoever. The refrigerator kicked on, but I'd hardly consider that life like. I sat there inhaling and wondering, what would life be like had I been normal