Sunday, December 7

Black Girl Pain

Artist: Talib Kweli (Feat. Jean Grae)
Album: The Beautiful Struggle

So yesterday night, the Glee Club party popped. I really wasn't so souped about going, but my friends wanted to go, so we went and boy did I have a good time. Like Jasmine said "striaght, gay, round, square" everyone was dancing. That slow jams section came on and I was DONE! Oh it was so good.

Anyways, needless to say my Hair SWEAT THE HELL OUT.

See, I don't have a perm, nor do I have straight hair so whenever I go to a party, I always come back looking ALOT worse for wear. My other friends seem to not have a problem, but I come back from parties looking like this....



It takes alot to do my hair, about 1.5 hours if I'm being quick about it. It hurts, it's a lot of heat and can damage my hair. That's why sometimes I'll just walk around looking like a J, cause I just can't muster up the strength to do it. My brother asks, "Why is your hair never done?" it is usually done. In fact this whole semester my hair's been straight...okay well like 5 times it's been curly. What's wrong with a little curl....not naps....curl.

Oh well this is just completely gratuitous. Don't mind the smudged eye makeup, I washed my face afterward and put on some makeup!! This took me like 40 minutes to do...and I was actually being lazy.



I ended up doing a project on this in English class, discussing the mental and physical effects of the flat iron, and what not. I used my video....I think I did aiight.