Thursday, November 6

Personal Pride and Great Achievement

"Hell Yes We Can!"

That's what I said, when I saw Barack Obama's portrait with the words "44th Elected President of the United States of America" I am so happy. On tuesday night, I was shocked. If you live in the AUC, you probably thought freek-nic was brought back, but I just went to my room and chilled. I couldn't shake myself, I was so happy, TOO happy that an emotional switch had flipped in my brain and I just had to sit in utter ecstasy.

Now is the time
 Martin Luther King Jr said that almost 50 years ago. We must rise up. Black people have been affirmed that America is their home too. After all of these years of not having a homeland, African-Americans now have walked and searched long enough, our Exodus is over. We can finally settle and rebuild ourselves one day at a time.

The rebuilding can wait a day or two though....I need to party.