Friday, January 11

One of the Brightest Stars

Artist: James Blunt
Album: All The Lost Souls

It's raining. I didn't even notice it was raining until this big flash of light came through my window subsequently followed by a distinct clap that could only be thunder. I realized how teenage and angsty I looked, sitting up, unable to sleep watching the rain fall, listening to thunder and James Blunt. However, I'm listening to a cute little hopeful song about someone whose made it to fame and celebdom, and he looks back at the people he grew up with, and basically they're saying "we told you so, you were one of the brightest stars."

Maybe that's the silver lining on my midnight rain cloud, that even though images can look so distressing and unsettling, really on the inside, in your own little world, you're being comforted. (Yeah, that's it.)

I don't know the root of tonight's insomnia, but I have a feeling it's going to be really long and drawn out. I have a TV in my room, but I know that won't put me to sleep. Unless of course, Meet Me In St. Louis is on, I absolutely love that movie, and always give in to sleeps temptation right after Judy Garland sings "Have yourself a merry little christmas." It gets me every time. I wish the grandfather in that movie was my grandpa. In fact I wish I was part of that family, with the beautiful dresses, and the parties, and the lovely lovely cake walk.

Give me Reason, but don't give me Choice because I'll just make the same mistake

I'm dreaming of Pinto: That's why I can't go into a deep sleep.

Bollux.