Wednesday, December 10

"Which Means I Ain't Stepped on Dig Me!?"

Song: Roc Boys (And the Winner is)
Artist: Jay-Z
Album: American Gangster

Saturday night I ended up at Goofy and Pluto's house, it had been a while but they're cool kids so we bang. (<---sounds awkward) Anyways, so I had a ringing in my ears from dancing in front of the speaker, that ALWAYS happens to me, and I asked Goofy if I could put on some music so the ringing would be drowned out. It gave me a chance to go through his ipod, which is something I love to do. You can tell a lot about a person by the music that is on their ipod. Whether they're just surface listeners, who download the latest singles. People who download hot albums that are out, those who aren't ashamed to show their past fanices (i.e: the spice girls) and those who just love music and have EVERYTHING...I'm talking about from Batchata to Garth Brooks to Biggie Smalls to you know anything.

I'm one of those people, I'm bound to have it if you don't, and not because I like to know more than you, but because Music is that important to me. I sleep to it, I wake up to it, I put a radio for common use in my dorm bathroom so I could listen to music in the shower. I just love music. It's always great to come across someone who feels the same way, (at least I think he does...since he got up at 4:00 AM to go to the studio to listen to someone's new track)

Okay to back to the story, I'm running through Goofy's iPod when I see Girl Talk. Honestly, I was suprised, I hadn't heard of anyone outside of Princeton who fucked with it. I love Girl Talk! Pinto put me on to it, and ever since then we never fail to bang one track at a party. Girl talk is a Mashup DJ, none of his music is "original" persé, but the average person would never think to mash up, Smashing Pumpkins, The Beatles, and Jermaine Dupri. He's a genius, and it's just some really good music. Also, if you're an Audiophile it's so fun to pick out the songs in the background, that makes up the beat. My favorites are That's My DJ and Bounce That, how are you gonna Mix Pharcyde, Elton John, and Biggie ALL IN ONE?

He has a new CD out which I recommend, my favorite is still Night Ripper though. The cool thing about this is that you can pay any price you want for his CD, even $0.00 so head on over with a click, and start jammin.