Friday, November 14

This is how I feel

Honestly, this has nothing to do with anybody or any of my experiences it's really just how I feel.
Okay, so it's not like any Spelman Woman hasn't dreamed of having SpelHouse Babies before. I mean, you could have thought about it during orientation, or still plan to catch that man, but believe me when I say, all of us have thought about it. My friend even says "Some girls come to Spelman to minor in husband." We've all met someone who's in a SpelHouse Marriage and we smile inwardly hoping it'll be us someday. Or you see the 80 year old couple that comes down for Homecoming or founders day and you coo "aww that's so cute." Let alone they wear other things that match, then you really sigh. I've
babysat for a SpelHouse couple, and I think it's cute, but frankly I've been disillusioned.

My cousin had a SpelHouse marriage, he married a woman from Spelman, who he didn't even meet while he was at school, however it didn't turn out too well. As I've peeked over the other side of the gate, I got my hopes up, not for marriage (who thinks about marriage at this age...okay I'm not gonna lie it sometimes is a PASSING THOUGHT) but you know, I thought "aww the SpelHouse relationship" it's like bound to work out.

No. Morehouse and Spelman are two institutions set up for education, not for marriage, and while right across the street from me is the highest number of educated (or on their way to being educated) Black Men I'll ever see in my life, all of those men might not necessarily be for me. This is why (well there's more to it than that) I'm putting to rest my dreams of SpelHouse. Rest in peace little imaginary SpelHouse kids, and Tailgating Dreams...it was all for naught.