Thursday, November 27

Holiday Check-Up Pt. 3

So, I'm chillin'. Not cooking, because my grandmother never lets me cook. I think she's trying to tell me something, the whole house is asleep still, yesterday was really tiring, I woke up at 11 this morning. My daddy's still not here yet, that could be a good thing or a bad thing.


One thing that has been bothering me is my grandfather. As my grandmother puts it "He's very forgetful" and as my in denial father puts it "there's nothing wrong with him he's just getting old." My grandfather has not been able to say my name this whole trip, I'm either, "the kid," "kesha" or "uh." It's very unsettling, and when my grandma and I were trying to look at pictures of my nephew, he didn't want to see them and got really cranky. Today, my grandmother made him a list of ONE thing to get at the store, and he got the wrong thing.

My grandfather and I have never been close, I never really talked to him that much, but he's always been My Grandfather, and to lose him to something this serious after he's fought so many things just isn't right.

I wish I was little again, and everything was as it should be.