Wednesday, November 26

Holiday Check-Up Pt. 2

Headquarters is now the big comfy couch, located in my Grandmother's basement. I'm chilling with my uncle, who has commandeered the Big Chair and the controller. This mean sports are officially the religion of the house until the end of the Eagles Cardinals game tomorrow. I curse the day College Basketball was invented, once I think a game is over, a new one is starting right up. Lord.


I got into town at 10:30 and my aunt came and picked me up. Her house is about 10 minutes from the airport so I got a rest as soon as I got in. We sat and chatted and kept her crazy dogs at bay, she's the cool aunt who's already raised a girl, so I can't even lie to her about stuff. She took me to the mall where we bought colored tights, and boots I've been coveting since September. Of Course Santa was in the mall taking pictures with all the children, I wanted to scream "It doesn't count until AFTER thanksgiving." I'm sorry, but you do not start decorating until the day after Thanksgiving, a LEGIT holiday. Thanksgiving is not a dress-rehearsal for Christmas Dinner, I have not seen one cornucopia all season, nor have I seen anybody giving thanks for anything. This holiday has turned into a sham.

On a happier note, Mr. Officer called. He has so many numbers, every time he calls it's a new unknown number, I've given up saving them anymore. There was a lot of dead silence on the phone, like every time he asked me a question he was writing down my answer. If I hadn't met him before I would have sworn he was a creep. It didn't help that I hate talking on the phone, because I feel like it's forced and fake. I told him I'd call him back when I got back in town.

Cool Little Tidbit: My Grandfather was featured on the front page of the town newspaper over Vetran's Day. Grandma saved me a copy, its his old Army picture. I'm not gonna lie, my grandfather was a looker.