Thursday, September 4

White Houses

Artist: Vanessa Carlton

Album: Harmonium

Off Topic: (Although I haven't really started a topic yet) I love the name of Vanessa Carlton's old album, harmonium. I didn't know it was a real word. Harmonium is actually a noun, it's a keyboard instrument in which the notes are produced by air driven through metal reeds by foot-operated bellows. I thought it had something to do with perfect harmony, I really liked that idea. You know perfect harmony in life, it's what I wish for everyday. 

On Topic: I'm tired of reality shows. In truth I was tired of them 2 years ago but I figured the trend was going to dwindle and real television shows
 would come back on. I mean even though I was a kid, I really enjoyed shows like Family Matters, The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air, and The Nanny. You know shows with real content, and funny sidekicks that got all the good laughs. (i.e. Carlton and Niles) I HATED Full House, but that's neither here nor there. So today I was flipping through the TV, and all I saw were reality shows. The only actual new written program I saw was 90210 and that was terrible. I mean, some subject matter is genuinely interesting. When I have no school work and things are slow around town, I watch the "Deadliest Catch" marathons with my moms. However, some things are just going too far, ANTM Cycle 1,000? Shear Genius? Glam God? Growing Up Gotti? Flavor of Love? I Love New York/Who Want's To Date a Fake Titti
ed Muppet? 

They pay these people to act loud and ignorant just for quick ratings? they don't highlight on the craft instead the incite drama for what they think is my viewing pleasure, when in fact it's quite painful to watch. So now, after my blow out Friday nights, I wakeup early saturday mornings and watch classic cartoons again, because really...Ain't that the best?

That's Mutley from Wacky Races, By the way.