Friday, January 16

Sweet Dream, or a Beautiful Nightmare

Song: Sweet Dreams
Artist: Beyonce
Album: I Am...Sasha Fierce

I love to daydream, but it's the nights that I'm scared of. When it comes time for me to rest my head on my pillow I don't know whether I'm in a for a restless night, a peaceful sleep, or a unsettling dream/nightmare. The latter occurs at least 3 times a week.

Some people have bad dreams, Some people have dreams where they are subject to the events that happen around them, and then some have Nightmares. Well I have all three on a regular basis, but recently my nightmares have consumed me. So much so that I've found myself dwelling on them and questioning my character.

See... My dreams are violent. Not like Saw 3 violent, but twisted and violent. They're almost like movies, except the camera (my perception) is shot like a scary movie. Crazy angles and cuts, and sudden motion. The worst thing is, I've been having these dreams since I can remember. Of course they were more juvenile back then. (When I was 3 there was a radioactive goo monster chasing my mother and I through a dilapidated/falling down factory) Now the violence is so believable and realistic I wake up thinking it's really happened.

My dad says I watch too much science fiction, but I am worried...it doesn't help that sometimes I feel like I get Deja Vu...(ughh a whole other topic)