Tuesday, December 30

"Sounds of A Battle Cry"

Song: Battle Cry
Artist: Nujabes Feat: Shin02
Album: ?

So, I don't Love Anime, I don't watch Naruto I hated Dragon Ball-Z and shit like that. What's that other show? Inuyasha? Yeah I don't watch that. However, I do/did watch the two most legendary Animes of all time. Samurai Champloo and Cowboy Bebop. A couple years ago due to my inexplicable insomnia, I got hooked on Cowboy Bebop which came on at like 1 or 2 in the morning on [Adult Swim] I told my brother, and he happened to have all the DVD's for the first season so I was throughly able to catch up/indulge in my obsession. However, Bebop came to a close, and I was left with no more Spike and Ed, it was a sad day but I got over it.

Then this summer, on one of my days off, I was flipping through the on demand when I decided to watch Samurai Champloo for the hell of it. I heard that the opening credits to the Boondocks paid homage to the show, so I wanted to see the original. I fell in love with it right away, it was the bomb ass show. Same kind of formula, 2 guys and a Girl traveling around being obnoxious, rasing hell, and saving each other at the end of the day. However, Champloo had samurai and hip-hop...always a good combination. Ask any black person you know.

Now, I'm in a dilemma, I'm going to buy one of the boxed DVD sets, but I don't know which one I want more. Should I go with my tried and true Cowboy Bebop, or should I venture out and get the newer Samurai Champloo. They were both created by Shinichirō Watanabe who is a genius. However SC has better animation, but I really like the storylines from CB.

Both Opening Themes are Sick, get em while they're hot.




The CowBoy Bebop Theme used to be my ringtone...people thought I was into acid jazz.