Monday, December 22

"The Beat Goes On"

Its amazing to me that when you least expect it music can be the therapy of life... This holiday season has not been the best for me and the holiday's usually aren't... I was once told by a friend that "if you don't expect anything during the holidays but the joy of giving, you will gain the unexpected", well maybe even being happy is expecting to much because I can't seem to gain that either... Its fairly difficult to be in the holiday spirit when everyone else around you isn't... And when I decide that I don't want to celebrate Christmas, everyone throws a "bitch fit" and want to know why I don't want to celebrate it... Well, it is true when they say that the energy of others can be passed on to you, and clearly everyone's energy is negative because I have not seemed to find the joy of Christmas this year... My mother is in a funk, the economy is bad, and my significant other seems to think that I am not so significant during the holidays... So what's a girl to do... And to top it off we have nothing to put under the tree, and I am forced to decorate the bloody thing... After feeling all of this hostility toward the Christmas season, I decided I need to go work-out, and realized how much music can change the way a person is feeling... You would think that Holiday jingles and Songs about Santa would be the music that brought joy back into my holiday season but no... Just a simple beat... The words didn't even matter, it was the beat of this one particular song that seemed to change my entire outlook... So when life gets you down you know what you gotta do, just keep SINGING... Humming, drumming whatever just let the beat over take your spirit and things will get better...