Sunday, November 16

Remember the Time

Artist: Michael Jackson

Album: Dangerous
This is Sam being a Pharaoh.

So yesterday the lovely Hillman College treated us to a much needed outing. 25 willing participants traveled in style to the Civic center where we were prepared to enter the King Tut Exhibit, which had just opened. It was very mellow and chill, and we got to go at our own pace. Sam and I had already looked up what was going to be there, and we realized that the sarcophagus and death mask weren't allowed to leave Egypt, so we weren't let down. However we saw some amazing stuff! There were a lot of statues and busts, and they were all so well preserved. Many things weren't encased in glass, but the Jewelry was, and oh was it beautiful. I wasn't allowed to take pictures, but everything looked so amazing, and intricate and MODERN! Honestly, I have read so much about Ancient Egypt, but it's so different when it's actually staring you in the face.

I want Galliano to come out with an Egypt Collection..It would be FABU!

So, if the "free" tickets weren't enough (I pay for that in my fee's I'm not dumb) they took us to an amazing Moroccan restaurant. Imperial Fez. It was the full Moroccan experience, we had to take our shoes of and walk into the dining room on carpet after carpet. We sat on pillows and ate at low tables, family style. The food was authentic and delicious, actually there's no adjective to describe how wonderful it tasted.

It's a great date spot, if you're willing to drop some paper. (Not Recommended for Dollar Menu Millionaires) We had at least a 7 course meal, and I couldn't eat everything I wanted to. There was just tooooooo much.

Bonus: The bellydancer balances fire on her head.