Monday, November 10

"It Won't Be Over Till That Big Girl In Decatur Sings"

Song: Elevator

Artist: Outkast
Album: ATLiens

Disclamer: The Due Date came and this was all I had. I don't like it at all. It's a work in progress.

Edward put his pencil down and glanced up over his desk, he was searching for someone, anyone really that he knew. Unlike a lot of other people, he hated doing work when he was alone, he’d much rather work with someone else. It motivated him. He saw a familiar figure walking towards him with a bright smile and a wave. It was Janay, a girl from his Western Lit class. From what he could tell, she was pretty smart; she always spoke up and could write pretty well. She was really bubbly most of the time but had mood swings that would even make Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde search for refuge.
She walked over to his desk and stared at his blank paper, “Studying not going so well?” she asked. “It looks that bad?” he asked sheepishly. “Naw, I just can’t study either, I’m callin’ it quits and getting some wings, you down for the cause?” He closed his book, and immediately started packing up, “Most Def.” They walked out of the library into the icy air, “I never thought I’d see the day when it was too cold to snow.” Janay exclaimed distantly. He was going to reply, but she seemed in her own little world. They walked to Janay’s car in silence, watching their breath turn to clouds every time they exhaled. “Ya know, when I was little and it was this cold, my best friend and I would stand at the bust stop with pens in our mouths, and pretend we were smoking.” She laughed to herself, “We thought we were so cool.” Her random thoughts were throwing him off. He had nothing to respond to so he just laughed and said, “I can see that.” She cocked her head and stared at him for a second, and then went around to open the driver’s side door.
“Hey JANAY!” a voice rang out, as a black coupe pulled up next to them filled with giggles and slurred words. Two very drunk girls were yelling out their windows, while the driver was getting out of her seat. Vanessa skipped over to her window and gave her a puppy dog look that couldn’t be resisted by the devil himself. “Nay, I need you to do me a big favor. Tweedle Dumb and Tweedle Dee, decided to get smashed at Paulie’s and I need you to take care of them.” Vanessa pleaded.