Saturday, March 28

"I'ma See You Later, I'ma See You Through Your Window"

Song: Frontin
Artist: Pharell (Feat. Jay-Z)
Album: The Neptunes Present: The ClonesHonestly, Lois & Clark is one of my favorite shows of all time. Although I don't really like Teri Hatcher, her chemistry with Dean Cain and her apt take on Lois Lane's sharp intuition and spunk really made the show worthwhile. Not to mention the wonderful supporting cast, Lane Smith, John Shea, and Justin Whalin. Dean Cain on the other hand, while fine eye candy could not act one bit. Honestly, looking back at it, I'm like damn, did I really salivate over you? Although his body was on point.

Each week some crazy ass villain who had plans to either get Revenge on Lois or Superman had me clinging on to my mother wondering what was going on next. Although the schemes were outrageous, and nothing short of ludicrous I always watched, for Lois & Clark.

I guess it's where I got my first lesson on Love and Relationships. (except for Melrose Place) Everything was so implicit, Clark had to keep his feelings to himself while remaining close to Lois in the workplace. They became friends, but took two seasons jump that bridge from friendship to...more. Also it also gave me the unrealistic expectations about how much you'll know about your partner. Clark could be Superman or Clark Kent, and listen to all of Lois' little stories about why she loved Superman. Of Course this is equally detrimental to him, because he loves her as a real man and not as a Superhero, but her feelings are the exact opposite.

Another part of this accidental genius of a show is the constant interplay between Lois and Clark. They're both smart reporters who have similar interests and excel in their field. The idea of two smart people doing things that they love and then coming back to each other at the end of the day is beyond perfect. They can relate to each other, share each other's ideas, and critique one another's ridiculous schemes and theories.

Smart People + Unbeatable Coyness + Sexy Man in Tights= Best Show Ever.