Sunday, December 14

You Get What You Give

Artist: New Radicals
Album: Maybe You've Been Brainwashed

Bite Me: GM-Ford-Chrysler

So, GM's apparently going to go bankrupt by the end of 2008 or the mid-2009 I can't remember. I just remember these companies have been crying broke for years. Last election they were crying broke, because Toyota and Honda grabbed the top two spots in the American car market, and they wanted to place tarrifs and restrictions so that, this couldn't happen. (Meanwhile they thrive on the concept of "free trade")

Last year the CEO of General Motors made 16 million dollars, GM lost about 28 thousand dollars. If you've been making that kind of money for 8 years don't you think that you might want to take a year off? Okay so that big holiday party you always throw may have to be 86ed this year, and maybe you need to sacrifice some major things so that YOUR company doesn't go belly up. It's your responsibility, if you're a Small Business owner, you'd do anything to make sure your company suceeds. I know some small business owners, and sometimes things are rough, but when they get rough, they downgrade their personal habits so they don't hurt their professional business.

Who the hell needs a GMC Yukon, Sarah palin and her gang of soccer mom's might need to learn how to car pool. We've been doing it for years before mini-vans and SUV's and I'm sure we could do it again. 15 city 21 highway is unacceptable.

"Fool me once, shame on you: Fool me twice, shame on me." When gas first started rising in 2001 to above $2.00 everyone was wary. Honda had even indroduced the first Hybrid to be launched on a global scale in 2000. (the Honda insight) That same year Ford introduced the largest SUV imaginable the Ford Excursion, (the winner between the Chevy/Ford Suburban/Expedition war) which got 12 MPG with a 44 gallon tank, in the summer of 2008 if you were riding around in a excusion, it would have cost you 181.00 to fill up your tank. $181.00 to go 528 miles. (Great!) No one has to be a genius that the Hybrid was a success and the SUV-monstrosity was a faliure.

However, the GM CEO said the company was "blindsided" by rising gas prices. That is some complete and total bullshit, I don't know how those words could come out of your mouth without laughing. Gas has been rising since 2000, you shut the shit down in 2005, and haven't made reforms on anything else. Currently, GM has 8 Hybrids, 6 of them being SUV's that don't get more than 24 miles to the gallon. While the leading competitor the Toyota Prius, gets 48 mpg. THAT'S DOUBLE! (I'm not making this stuff up, I got it all from the website.)

So, I'm glad the bailout fell through, How you just gon' dig yourself into a deep hole, see all your friends around you getting their stuff together, and you keep digging, until you're so far behind you have no hopes of even seeing them, let alone catching up.

If I open up a shop, and see that my customers don't like what I'm selling them, I'll change what I'm selling to fit their needs. Not shove it down their throats with the backing of the government.